2018 DC Youth Tour Trip Essay Rules
Southwest Texas Electric Cooperative
Government-in-Action Youth Tour
Essay due by noon on February 9
1. Southwest Texas Electric Cooperative will sponsor two area students on an expense paid trip to Washington D.C. June 6th through June 15, 2018.
2. The contest to determine the winners will be open to any student who is a sophomore, junior, or senior in the school year 2017/2018 in one of these school districts: Crockett County, Irann-Sheffield, Menard, Sutton, Schleicher, and Raegan County.
3. Each contestant will submit an essay not to exceed 500 words on the subject, "What makes electric cooperatives different from investor owned utilities?" The contest must not write his/her name on the essay. On a separate sheet attached to the essay, the contestant must write his/her name and parent's name(s) and their address.
4. An independent committee will select the top five essays on the basis of knowledge of the subject, originality, composition, neatness and grammar. The top five till be chosen for an interview with a panel of three judges.
5. The top two interviewed contestants will be declared winners of the Youth Tour. One alternate shall be chosen in the events or of the winners cannot attend the trip. Collection points for essays will be assigned for each town, or entries will be mailed to Southwest Texas Electric Cooperative, Box 677, Eldorado, Texas 76936.
6. The contest rules will be presented to all interested participants by January 12, 2018.
7. The final interviews and judging will be held before February 28, 2018 and winners will be notified by the following day of the judging.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please call Eddie L. Albin at 1-800-643-3980 or e-mail at email@example.com